This hair drug testing kit provides all you need to test a sample of hair for one single drug type, with a detection window of 7 days – 12 months.
Each testing kit will cover the fee for a 3cm sample of hair (approximately 3 months use), please contact us if you require additional lengths to be put through for testing.
Select at checkout the drug type specified for analysis from:
We work with one of the UK’s leading testing laboratories to provide hair sample analysis with fast turnarounds (results usually returned within 3 days).
Hair testing is considered one of the most accurate laboratory tests for drugs and alcohol as it is almost impossible to cheat. This method can be used to detect drug substances up to 6 months after their use. Test results also indicate the month in which a donor took the drug and can therefore be used to build a history of substance use over time.
A hair sample of around 5-millimetre thickness is taken from the head or body of the donor and sent to the laboratory in the self addressed, tamper-proof envelope supplied with this kit.
Please note that although body hair can be used for analysis, a minimum of 1cm from root is required and Axilla (underarm) hair CANNOT be used for alcohol detection.
Advantages of hair sample analysis:
- Exceptionally difficult to cheat
- Indicates patterns of drug (or alcohol) use over weeks and months
- Highly sensitive; highly accurate
- Simple collection process
Disadvantages of hair sample analysis:
- Hair tests cannot precisely determine the quantity of substances used by the donor
- Samples cannot indicate substance use less than 7 days after the incident
- If analysis is required for legal/court requirements, kit CANNOT be sent direct to donor